Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spin Mags 125 Top Albums Of The Past 25 Years

Well you decide what you think, but Spin Magazine, with the help of their writers, have released a list of the 125 greatest albums of the past 25 years and I'm sure many will be unhappy. Of course music means different things to different people and no two people will like exactly the same thing, but I always find it very interesting to see someone actually give this a try. To cut to the chase Spin named U2's game changing album, Achtung Baby, as their number one album. Let me repeat something because I think it's important. This is Spin Mags top 125, not yours. They chose what THEY thought should be on the list without consulting you the reader, oh that's too bad. Hey you know what they didn't ask me either. Boo hoo. After I perused the list, and I disagreed with some of it for sure, I scrolled down to the comments and began reading. Comments are certainly a place where you have to throw out all reason and understand that what is entered there is complete and utter nonsense written mostly by those who just want to spew hate and their agenda. So I couldn't be shocked by what I was reading when someone actually wrote, and I quote...."U2? Fuck You Spin." Look I don't necessarily agree that Achtung Baby is the greatest album of the last 25 years either and I don't exactly understand how the Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magic was left completely off the list. Again it ain't my list, to say it oh so eloquently. Lists like this are fun though and get the debate juices flowing, so I say go over to spinmag.com and give the list a once over yourself and see what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment