Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In Print: Spin Magazine 25th Anniversary

I can't believe it's already been 20 years since I was at SPIN Magazines 5th Anniversary Party at Roseland in NYC, boy am I getting old. That night I was invited by one of my dorm-mates to join him and a few others after he had scored free passes from some freelance photography work. His name was Bugsy.  I didn't much like him but it was a party with free drinks and for an 18 year old like me a great chance to meet girls. What I did get was KC and the Sunshine Band, LL Cool J, Paul Shaeffer and a few beers. Quite a night. That really feels like a long time ago. This week SPIN magazine put out it's 25th Anniversary edition and it certainly brought back a lot of great memories. I always read SPIN in the search for new music because they have always been a great source of discovery. For instance it's where I first read about The Strokes, Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend and many, many others. However in this retrospective issue, SPIN tracks the 25 moments that rocked the world of music and it's an amazing trip through music history. Please take the time to go to the store, or newsstand, and pick up this special issue because you won't get the same feeling from reading it on your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment