Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Music Is More Important Than Food

This is what I decided last night on the train. I had just come from a party where I had too much to drink and too little to eat, so my plan was to pick up something greasy before I got to the station. Of course that was until I passed Disc-O-Rama on 8th Street and suddenly desired some new music. My first choice, UNKLE, was not available. Sucks. Next on my list was BSS, or Broken Social Scene for the layman, and their new album Forgiveness Rock Record. Luckily the man behind the counter was able to find the last copy to sell it to me for $10 bucks ($10.87 to be exact and 13 cents less that what I had in my pocket), what a steal. Victorious I returned to the sidewalk armed with the new CD and realized I was running a bit late for my train. But so what. I was still feeling the euphoria of having purchased new music, mind you it's not what it used to be but still better than purchasing on iTunes. When I finally made the train and found a seat, I quickly unwrapped the new disc, read the booklet and thought that a cheeseburger would have been nice. Nah, I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment