Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Music Tuesday 5/11/10

Keane: Night Train. I really liked Keane's first 2 albums but completely dismissed the third, this is their fourth. At first listen it seems pretty good but will have to pick it up to really see what it's like.

The Dead Weather: Sea Of Cowards. Yet another venture for Jack White and they seem to all be mutating together. However so far so good, it has that dirty Detroit hard rock sound that we are used to.

The National: High Violet. I bought the Nationals first album after a couple of recommendations of others and pretty much liked it. I am not a huge fan of the lead singers voice so it is probably unlikely I will pick this one up.

Sleigh Bells: Treats. This is the first release of this new band and I must say from what I have heard so far it's pretty interesting stuff. A mix of Electric Guitar Hard Rock with some Pop sensibility, but not in a bad way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment