Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Want A Job Where I Do Nothing But Listen To Music


Wouldn't that be so fucking cool? Excuse the language but I can't help it. I'd have to be paid handsomely of course so I could go out and buy more, new cool music. Go to shows, fly to festivals, eat really expensive meals at swanky hotels and generally do nothing that requires any substantial thought. And drinking, lots and lots of drinking. I'd be the envy of all my friends...wait I don't have any friends, oh well at least I'd be enjoying myself. I wouldn't really want to be a reviewer because who am I to say what's good and what isn't, I mean I don't want to listen to everything and talk about it. I just want to talk about the stuff I like and write about how much I like it. Sometimes I think these critic's have an expectation that they are waiting for perfection and when they don't get it they give crappy reviews. That's not me. I am open minded and willing to listen to most things that people tell me to listen to. Really I wish I was in a band, standing off to the side, shaking my tambourine to the beat and posing for silly photo's for the album cover. Throngs of groupies waiting outside of my dressing room...ok maybe not. Seriously though it would be pretty amazing to look for the next hot band. Scour the clubs for a unique sound that no one knows about...yet. That's until I tell everyone about it. Try to get them to go check it out and see if they like it. Then the band would ask me to tour with them so I could play tambourine. A guy can dream, can't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment