Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Saturday, May 29, 2010

Apple iTunes Being Probed By The Feds

A little too successful? Perhaps but it's never a good thing when you enforce silly rules on the companies that you are trying to do business with, just ask Microsoft what will happen. It seems that the FEDS think that due to their current market share that Apple may be imposing improper restrictions on the music companies in order to sell their music on iTunes. It's been two years since iTunes took over as the worlds largest music retailer from the former champ Walmart. Walmart? Are you kidding? No wonder the music industry is so fucked up. I remember I once bought a cd from Walmart and I didn't realize it until I got home but the cd I had purchased was a censored version or clean as some might call it. When I went to return the damn thing I soon came to realize that that was the only version they sold. Talk about forcing the music industry to conform to stupid rules but I don't seem to remember the FEDS checking up on Walmart's business practices...hmmm. Look I still haven't completely accepted the fact that digital music is taking over. I still enjoy going to a record store and buying records, taking them home and cranking them on a stereo. But there is no denying the power of iTunes and the ease of never leaving your home. I have to find a balance and accept it. I really have to thank iTunes for some of my most recent music finds...for instance the amazing new band Sleigh Bells with their pulse pounding, ear drum busting grooves. However that still doesn't mean that they can bully companies and make music buying less fair.

The Album: Treats by Sleigh Bells currently only available on iTunes.....Hmmm makes you wonder doesn't it? But who cares just go buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment