Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Saturday, October 16, 2010

T.I. Is The Perfect Example Of The Ultimate American Contradiction

Some people never learn. In the new age of Twitter and Facebook we are becoming more and more out of touch with reality, so much so that our TV's are filled with reality programs. This of course was predicted long ago by someone, I'm not sure who exactly, but they looked into the future of technology and said as we become more connected the more we will lose our grasp on the true reality. So this brings me to T.I., how exactly, I will tell you. You see modern society is so enthralled with celebrity, so much so that if you asked a teenager what they preferred to be, the CEO of a billion dollar company or a personal assistant to a celebrity more than 75% will choose the assistants job. We often look to the celebrities as role models and often times it comes back to bite us on the ass. Take our friend T.I. for example, this is not a bad guy in my estimation, just a guy who could use a little guidance. The other day T.I. assisted the police in talking down a man who was going to kill himself by jumping off a building. Afterwards T.I. was quoted as saying... "I believe that I have been put here for a purpose, and I believe that I have an ability to reach people that most people can't reach, that I can turn lives around that other people, they can't have the same affect. I think that God placed me here for that purpose." What a wonderful thing to say, unfortunately in this world of contradictions there is always a part two to the story. Unrelated to the jumper story, a few days later, T.I. was back in an Atlanta courtroom standing in front of a judge, an all too common occurance for him. You see about a month or so ago T.I. and his wife Tiny were pulled over in LA for making an illegal u-turn and when the cops inspected the car they found some drugs. This of course is a violation of his parole and the reason why he was back in the courtroom. Well suffice it to say the judge ordered T.I. back to jail to serve an additional 11 months behind bars in Atlanta. So what do you think he had to say about having to go back to jail? ... "I'm tired, I'm wore out. I don't have the age, the energy, or just the attitude to move forward and continuing in this cycle in this ongoing process of destruction and disparity in my life. I've got too many depending on me and counting on me." Jeez I actually feel sorry for the man. Listen T.I. stop saying it and just do it, what would be better for you and your family than for you to never have to stand in front of a judge ever again? Don't do it for your fans or for the money, do it for yourself dude...before it's too late.  

No comments:

Post a Comment