Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Friday, October 1, 2010

Rolling Stone Calls Lil Wayne Best Rapper Alive...Wait Did Jay-Z Die?

In the new world of completely ridiculous statements, Jody Rosen of Rolling Stone Magazine, in her review of Lil Wayne's new album, calls the southern wordsmith the greatest rapper alive. Now I had to think for a moment. Ok...Biggie, Tupac...wait a minute Jay-Z ain't dead...what the fuck did he or she just say? Clearly this person has no fucking (sorry but I'm pissed) idea what they are talking about and I am sure only did it to rile people up. Listen it's ok to not like Jay-Z and his rhymes. It's ok if you have never taken an interest in what he has done or even if you don't like the fact that he is from New York City. But seriously to make a comment like that just shows your stupidity by saying someone is the greatest when you have nothing to back it up. Lil Wayne is no icon, he's simply a guest artist who doesn't even write meaningful lyrics as opposed to Jay. Maybe his shit sounds cool. Maybe he sells a bunch of records and has lots of money. I can't believe I am even debating this, it's ludicrous (not the rapper/actor)! However I still think I need to add a few points to any moron who would ever consider this the truth...

Jay-Z has sold more than 50 Million albums worldwide
Lil Wayne has sold just about 7 Million

Jay-Z has won 10 Grammy's
Lil Wayne 1 Grammy

Now I fully understand that numbers don't tell the story, however they do say one thing...longevity. In order to be considered the greatest you have to have done it over a long period of time and simply stated Lil Wayne hasn't gotten there yet. Wait a minute...I think I am forgetting someone, some guy from Detroit who has sold over 80 Million records worldwide. Mr. Mathers I presume.

No comments:

Post a Comment