Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Friday, October 8, 2010

Bubblegum, The Clinic Album I Have Been Waiting For

For their 6th studio album Clinic have changed it up a bit with this weeks release of their record Bubblegum. Normally fast and frenetic, the band slows it down, a lot, churning out an absolutely amazing record without changing who they are. It's not like suddenly they turned into Travis (love them) or something. What it sounds like they did is just write the music the same way that they would normally and then just slow the pace. When I first heard it I thought wow this is still a Clinic record but it's like they decided not to stick the songs into a light socket. I will say that I had tired of them a bit simply because most of what they had already done was very similar, but thankfully this came along. I was introduced to Clinic by a co-worker back in 2002 and I immediately was addicted to their sound. They used weird old intruments with foreign sounds and were filled with a tremendous energy that was infectious. But there is only so much that one can handle. I would hope that all music fans feel the same way I do, wanting the bands that they love to grow without completely abandoning what made them so great from the start. I am not one to jump off the bandwagon too easily either and this band is the perfect example.

No comments:

Post a Comment