Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rolling Stone Names The 25 Best Record Stores...At Least What's Left Of Them

That's PREX right there...or Princeton Record Exchange, one of my favorite records stores in the whole world and I say treasure it while you can. It's a dying breed and is the kind of place where you really discover music. It is sad to imagine that entire generations of people will never really know what that experience feels like. You know because it's so much easier to just sit on your ass and look at a computer screen...now that's real discovery! I'm sorry but buying your cd's at Walmart or Best Buy don't count either. Before I go into some sob story about how music is no longer as personal as it once was I will just say that you should check out this link, http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/28431/201795, and see the 25 best record stores in the country as far as Rolling Stone Magazine sees it. And me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment