Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Friday, September 24, 2010

New Music For The Week Of 9/20-9/26/10

Carlos Santana has done it again...I suppose. This time out Carlos chose to cover, what he calls, The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time with his usual band of all-star singers. It's certainly debatatable at best but there are a few standouts in this collection. Track four guest India.Arie ads a sultry, soulful voice to 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps.' Track nine offers up a new and improved version of Van Halen's 'Dance The Night Away', while Joe Cocker does justice to Jimi Hendrix's 'Little Wing.' For the most part the rest of the songs sound a bit over produced and weren't very appealing to me. Maybe it's time to cut the cord with Rob Thomas...please?

Certainly one of my guilty pleasures, Serj Tankian's second solo album 'Imperfect Harmonies' has hit the shelves and I am looking forward to a full listen. I honestly was not a fan of System of a Down, his former band, but there's something really intriguing about this guy and they way his voice sounds...even if the music's a little heavy at times.


Do I like Maroon 5? Yes. Will I listen to this album? Yes. Will I buy this album? Probably not. I don't really see the point in buying any of their music since it will be forced down my throat at every turn, but there is still something redeeming about them that makes me listen to it nonetheless. I think the word I am looking for is 'Snappy', their music is snappy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment