Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Music On The Scene 9/27/20: Soundgarden Returns!

Man I wish this was a new album with all new music, but sadly it isn't. Soundgarden returns from the dead to release this double-album of classics with 'Black Rain', an unreleased song from the 'Badmotorfinger' sessions back in the early 90's. This of course is a re-introduction to the masses to see if it's worthwhile that they continue making music which of course I hope they do. This isn't like the Alice In Chains redux with a new lead singer because Layne Staley killed himself with years of heroine abuse. No, this is the same band with all the same members, but I'm not buying until it's new stuff, I already own most of this.

This is Deerhunter's new record, 'Halcyon Digest', and let me just say it's some of the coolest shit I have heard in a long time. These guys have been on my radar now for awhile but I have yet to pull the trigger, but this will certainly make me spend the money this time.

Ok everyone knows 'The Middle', Jimmy Eat World's big hit from way back in 2001 (wow it's been that long), but these boys from Phoenix haven't released anything of significance since then. I'm not saying that their new record 'Invented' is, haven't even listened to it yet, but I am just hoping that their one big hit from way back when is not all that they are remembered for.

One of the most underrated singers of our time, Seal (or Mr. Klum as he is probably better known as) returns with his 6th studio album. Back in 1990 Seal came on to the scene with his debut album (Seal) and one of the most unique, soulful voices in music, and I was right there from the beginning. Right from the moment MTV played his first hit 'Crazy' I was hooked. He looked cool and sounded cool, but for the most part never got the credit for how good he was. Yes of course everyone remembers 'Kiss From A Rose,' his mega hit song from the 'Batman Forever' soundtrack (a pretty awful movie btw) but other than that what else is there? A lot of freakin' great music actually. Give the man some respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment