Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Music That's On My Mind 9/8/10


The new self-titled album from New York City's Interpol. This is the fourth release from one of my favorite bands and so far it's right on par with their previous records, so no letdown for all us fans.

An intriguing dvd release for all the Beatles fans. The entire four episodes of the Ed Sullivan Show in which the Beatles performed, commercials and all. It's a real treat to see how music was presented to the public back in the 60's, not to mention all the other acts and in seeing Ed Sullivan himself and not just as a caricature.

Finally I got a chance to listen to this record! This is the solo debut from Phil Selway, the drummer from Radiohead and I must say I am completely impressed. Who knew he could write songs and sing? Some have even said it's better than Thom Yoke's solo record...well I think they are both great but are two different listens. Of course being a huge Radiohead fan I am a bit biased, seriously though check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment