Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Saturday, September 18, 2010

Music Released This Past Week Thats On My Radar Or Already On My iPod

Of Montreal's False Priest happened upon record stores and computer screens this week to, so far, rave reviews. This is what I have come to expect from this outfit from Atlanta, Ga or should I say this is what I expect from Kevin Barnes, the mastermind of the band. Fantastic electronic, disco, funk and psychadelic grooves explode into your ears for a truly unique experience every single listen. It also doesn't hurt that my new favorite artist, Janelle Monae, guests on the album as Kevin Barnes guested on her last album. I was also very intrigued to find out the Mr. Barnes has an interesting side project called Blikk Fang in which he collaborates with Andrew VanWyngarden of MGMT. Tap on this link to hear a couple of their demos, http://www.purevolume.com/blikkfang. I think it rocks, seriously dude.

Also hitting your neighborhood spin shop is the new record, Lisbon, from the New York band The Walkmen. The Walkmen have been putting out solid records now for the last decade or so even if they can't shake some of the U2 comparissons, which I think are overblown, so they like U2, big whoop. I really felt that their last record was a true stepping stone as they seem to be coming to an important point in the bands musical career. Gotta go run out and pick it up soon cause 30 seconds on iTunes ain't cutting it.

Now I have already had The Drums as being released prior on this blog but that was only in digital form. On Tuesday the physical cd dropped into stores and officially became it's release date. It's really good, check it out.

There was also another significant release that happened this week but I am not at liberty to mention it even if I did give it a listen and it didn't actually sound bad at all. However there are moments when ones principals have to outweigh their addictions, in this case music being mine, where one has to simple say enough is enough. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. What do I do when they fooled me three times? I still can't believe they named their album after a clothing company...p.s. it's Weezer

No comments:

Post a Comment