Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Music Tuesday 6/8/10

So I guess I should say that these are the new albums out today that I am most interested in, sorry Christina Aguilera I have no intention of talking about your new record. First up is Tokyo Police Club (not to be confused with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, they are way different) and their new album Champ. I have loved everything they have put out so far and fully expect to enjoy this one as well.

Next on the list is Rooney, a quintet from La La Land, and their 3rd full length record, Eureka. So far I have enjoyed their first two pop rock efforts and want to see if their sound has changed at all. In the learn something new everyday department: Rooney got their name from the pricipal in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ed Rooney.

My most anticipated release out of the bunch is Hot Hot Heat's Future Breeds and I will be running out to pick it up after work is done. This is their fourth full length album and being that they are one of my favorite bands, I am sure that I will like it. I will like it a lot.

Teenage Fanclub has been around for a long time, mostly under the radar in America, but are considered to be a great UK outfit. I have to agree but honestly have not really heard much of their stuff since their biggest album in the States way back in 1991, Bandwagonesque, which SPIN magazine has as one of their 125 greatest albums of the last 25 years...if you are into that sort of thing. When a band hangs around as long as these guys have they are certainly worth looking back into for a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment