Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bloc Party Frontman Kele Releases Solo Album Amid Rumors Of Break Up

I'd heard that the lead singer from Bloc Party was touring on his own without the band but it didn't make me think to ask if the band had broken up or not. I mean lots of other bands have members that have side projects like Thom Yorke of Radiohead for instance. However I do remember that when Thom released his solo record, The Eraser, some people (not me) started to wonder if Radiohead was kaput. Thankfully it wasn't. So today when I saw that Kele's solo record debuted it made me think...'could Bloc Party have really broken up?' I did some checking. On a few sites there were some interesting quotes from some of the band memebers like the drummer Matt Tong who said that the band was going on a long break and that he wasn't sure he was going to return to music. Wow. Also a few months back Kele even said that he wasn't sure when or if Bloc Party was ever going to get back together to make music. Most recently however, on May 21, Kele cleared up the situation for all of us by saying that making their last record was really hard and they need some time away to do other things. He also said that he is looking forward to getting back with Bloc Party in the future to record a new record even though he still doesn't know when that will be. Good news? Maybe...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment