Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Thursday, June 17, 2010

More Music News: 6/17/10 Tupac's 39th Birthday

                                             
I have to admit that I was not a fan. However there is no denying Tupac's talent and his enduring hold on the rap and hip-hop music of today nearly 14 years after his death. June 16th, 2010 would have been his 39th birthday.

                                    
Coldplay (or as I like to call them, Chris Martin and the other guys) have announced that they are currently recording their new album and hope to release it by the end of the year. Hopefully, in my opinion, Coldplay return to their more darker sound of their previous albums because Viva La Vida was a bit to happy for my liking.

The re-formed Squeeze are releasing their first new album since 1998, Spot the Difference, in August and I am very excited to hear the new stuff. These guys have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and I don't think they get enough credit for all the great music they have produced. To further illustrate how long these guys have been around (since 1974), Squeeze will be performing on LIVE with Regis and Kelly on July 8th...it's actually kind of scary, but I will probably watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment