Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thankfully I Will Always Have The Chemical Brothers

A world without The Chemical Brothers wouldn't be a world at all. Of course that cannot really be proven even if I believe it to be true. However sometimes in life we take for granted what was once so important and are often reminded in the strangest of ways. Today while sitting on my sofa watching HBO a preview for Avatar came on in between two movies that I can't seem to remember. The movie preview was not of much importance (I've seen Avatar 5 times already) but it was the music they chose to use that was so stunning. At first I hesitated and thought...wow I really like this song and then remembered the app on my iPhone called Shazam. Quickly I put the phone up to the TV and within seconds it told me that the song was Another World by The Chemical Brothers, and boy did I feel like a freaking idiot. How could I have managed to let a silly promo from TV remind me that I hadn't picked up their new album when it was released a couple of months ago. In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny...what a maroon. And on second thought how much of a cooler movie would Avatar have been had The Chemical Brothers done the soundtrack? Let me just say the moment I put the CD into the car player I was mesmerized...the shit is good.  Not only good but it took me back to their early work for which they are most known for. The new stuff definitely has an old school Chemical Bros. feel and plays like one long DJ mix. At times it is very immense and powerful for long stretches but can turn softer so perfectly on a dime showcasing the talents of the two masters at the helm. Suffice it to say whether the world is better for having The Chemical Brothers is surely up for debate, however for me just knowing they are still here making great music makes it better for at least one person...the author of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment