Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Album We Have All Been Waiting For

It's about damn time too. All year, and I do mean all year, I have waded through loads of crap released by terrible bands like Arcade Fire, Kings Of Leon and Vampire Weekend without finding one truly inspired record. Until now that is. Susan Boyle's 'The Gift' is an amazing Christmas album and clearly outclasses my former favorite from Mariah Carey. Prior to this release I'd been to quick to dismiss Susan Boyle simply because I believed people were only drawn to her story and her ravishing good looks, when it always should have been about her glorious voice. It's like Heaven on Earth! For those of you non-believers all you will need is to hear the very first single, 'Perfect Day,' to understand what I am talking about. However nothing can compare to her stirring rendition of 'Hallelujah,' it nearly brought tears to my eyes. So I strongly suggest that all of you run out and purchase, or better yet download it right now from iTunes because it will be an experience of a lifetime and you will have me to thank for it!

Disclaimer: In no way, shape or form does this entry reflect my personal views and I can't be held responsible if any of you purchase this album. At the time of it's publishing I was being held hostage by a portly British woman who said her name was Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment