Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Saturday, August 7, 2010

Weezer Announce New Record Out 9/14, Do We Even Care???

That's the Lego version of Weezer in the picture and a good representation of what the band has become over the last couple of years, a plastic shell of themselves. They have really turned the corner of cheese as I like to say, especially the last record they released, Raditude, which is an incredible piece of crap and I am being nice. It's so disappointing, they used to be so cool but at this point I just think they should go away. So when I heard the news that they had signed with a new label, Epitaph, and were planning on releasing a new record, Hurley, on September 14th, I don't think it would surprise anyone if I asked myself...'Do I even care anymore?' I am just not sure. Their last four albums have been a steady decent into oblivion ending of course with the aforementioned piece of crap Raditude. So am I just supposed to ignore all of that and believe what Rivers Cuomo says about the new record? That it has a lot more raw rock energy on it? I don't think so. This new record is just a ruse. It's just too soon for them to put out a record of any substance but they are doing whatever they can to wash out the bad taste in everyones mouth by putting out some new music so quickly. Historically in the music industry this simply doesn't work. Great records or great music takes time to produce, especially these days with all the distractions and nothing in Weezer's current history would suggest a triumphant return to form. However being the person that I am, which is very forgiving, I will certainly take some time to listen to the record when it comes out and give these guys another chance. But, and it's a big but, if it's anything similar to the last four records they have released, I can honestly say that I will no longer have any interest in this band...period.

No comments:

Post a Comment