Please Check Out My Other Blog At:
www.steveeatsnyc.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO SMB

....where you will find interesting opinions and information on the music we love. Whether it be new and emerging artists, classic bands, shows, magazines, televison or just what we are listening to, always check in to find out what's going on in our musical world.



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Carlos Santana's Tribute To Great Guitar Rock On Covers Album

It must be the end of the summer if I am writing about this because the music news business is really slow. However there is no questioning Santana's talent or his endurance in the music industry, but after his last major success, 1999's Supernatural, I kind of pushed him aside as someone checking in to get paid. That's fine of course and after his long and storied career he deserved some real money for all his efforts. It wasn't my bag baby, the music I mean. Now I love the Santana albums from the 60's and 70's, that's some real old fashioned rock and roll and certainly deserves a listen every so often, so there is a part of me that is interested in what he is doing now. What that is is a covers tribute album to great guitar rock songs, so my interest was piqued. Then I heard some of the artists he was partnering with and it intrigued me even more...so here's a rundown of the songs and who is guesting:

Guitar Heaven tracklisting:
1. "Whole Lotta Love" featuring Chris Cornell (Led Zeppelin)
2. "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" featuring Scott Weiland (The Rolling Stones)
3. "Sunshine of Your Love" featuring Rob Thomas (Cream)
4. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" featuring india.arie and Yo-Yo Ma (The Beatles)
5. "Dance the Night Away" featuring Pat Monahan (Van Halen)
6. "Back In Black" featuring Nas and Janelle MonĂ¡e (AC/DC)
7. "Riders on the Storm" featuring Chester Bennington and Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
8. "Smoke On the Water" featuring Jacoby Shaddix (Deep Purple)
9. "Photograph" featuring Chris Daughtry (Def Leppard)
10. "Bang a Gong" featuring Gavin Rossdale (T. Rex)
11. "Little Wing" featuring Joe Cocker (Jimi Hendrix)
12. "I Ain't Superstitious" featuring Jonny Lang (Howlin' Wolf, Jeff Beck Group)
13. "Fortunate Son" featuring Scott Stapp (Credence Clearwater Revival)*
14. "Under the Bridge" featuring Andy Vargas (Red Hot Chili Peppers)*
* Deluxe edition only
 
Now that is some music I can get into, I mean NAS and Janelle Monae for AC/DC's Back in Black? The album is due out on September 21st and I will most certainly be picking it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment